2013. október 24., csütörtök

Ringbom type big volume LTD Stirling engine

This is an old idea from me, but now I had time to draw. :)


A simple top wieved picture from my LTD Ringbom type Stirling engine idea:

The LTD engines with usable electric energy output are huge constructions usually.
They follow the model constructions shape and I think it is a dead end.

Do you know the SunPulse engines?
Sunpulse engines diameter is 2m and the construction's height is nearly same 2m.
Usable hot surface is 3.14 m2
They use big power and displacer pistons.
The direct solar version use conical window to the sun, because the pressure changing can push/pull the material all the time, and this is waste energy if we use just a simple flat surface.

I knew another manufacturer in Germany, but that is not working yet.
That was the Sunmachine.
I saw there first the curved window LTD Stirling engine, and I liked that simple solution for this problem.
After I started to develope my version.
Step by step.
Day by day.
And the loop is closed:
HEUREKA!

Why not use cilindrical shape of this engine?
My IDEA's diameter only 1m, the height is 1m too, but the usable heat contact surface is 3.14 m2 as like SunPulse!!!

Not any huge parts, because inside I have 4 different engine.
These engines working as like twice-double acting Stirling engine.

Animated GIF: